Collision of Worlds
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zero To Hero (open)

+2
Almost There
Zero To Hero
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Zero To Hero (open) Empty Zero To Hero (open)

Post by Zero To Hero Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:55 pm

Hero.

It was a word that was thrown around very loosely. Heroes could be anyone from the masked and caped super powered man in the comics to the men and women who served on the police force. Though Da'vid Markos was one such man, he had never felt as if he was a true hero. He worked and worked to try to feel as if he could make a difference, earning accolades and praise, but it never really felt right.

He needed something more.

As his heavy fists landed on the punching bag in the small rec room that the police station held, Da'vid tried to work out these feelings of inadequacy. Who was he? Where did he come from? With a mighty cry, he sent one more punch into the bag before slumping against the wall.
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Zero To Hero (open) Empty Re: Zero To Hero (open)

Post by Lizjay Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:27 am

"You need to stop over working yourself you know, or else you'll be tired by time our shift comes up." Lupa Forester, Da'vid's partner said as she stepped into the small rec room.

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:33 am

Da'vid looked up at Lupa, the best friend he had on the force and in real life. She was the only person who knew how to deal with his habitual bouts of anger. "Not over working myself..." he muttered as he puts his head back in his hands.
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:49 am

"Keep tellin yourself that when I'm doing all the work." Lupa teased him, he was one of the only people she let her guard down around.

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:17 am

Da'vid looked at her again, "You know me. I can be fine after a training session like this. I just...I got a lot on my mind alright? You know how that is."
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:28 am

"The thoughts are back again?" She asked as she shut the door, the rest of the force didn't need to know.

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:29 pm

Da'vid hated to see Lupa worry about him. She was always so kind and he knew, deep down, that she could have been paired with someone younger who wasn't going to hold her back. Da'vid always felt as if he was going to hold her back. "Yeah...they're here...I just...sometimes I feel like this life is a lie, ya know?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:38 am

Lupa gave a small nod, "I think everyone feels that sometimes Da'vid, life isn't what it seems sometimes."

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:19 am

"Are you kidding me? I feel like this all the time. They call me some big hero, something great and yet I always feel like I've let someone down and like I'm going to let everyone else down," Da'vid sighed as he put his head in his hands.

He took a long silence before looking up at her, "I guess it's silly to feel the way I do...isn't it?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:05 am

"No, I think it's how someone with a lot of pressure feels often Da'vid... Everyone holds you up high and you feel the weight of it all from that."

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:16 am

"Why me though?" Da'vid asked with a soft look. If there was anyone in all of Yensidia that he could trust, it was Lupa. She never pulled any punches, made sure he knew just how she felt about everything. In a town full of men and women who were sometimes afraid of him because of his strength and appearance, it was great to know that someone did not.

Lupa was the most dependable thing in his life.
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:42 am

"Your probably the strongest and kindest person in town, people tend to look up to strong and kind people." Lupa answered.

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:05 am

Da'vid shook his head, "I'm strong but I'm not the strongest, I'm kind but I'm not the kindest. Look at Roman Burroughs? The kid could out lift me in a contest easy, he probably bench presses more than I do. And kind? Hell, Winnipeg Thepo over at the primary school has that for sure. I'm just...Lupa I'm just me."
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:59 am

"To some people you are the strongest, to some people you are the kindest and to some hero you are a true hero." Lupa answered softly. "You are just my bull headed best friend to me."

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:16 am

Da'vid looked up at her. Lupa was the best friend in the world to him, partially for reasons like this. There was a part inside of him that Lupa could easily tame, making sure that he no longer had any bad thoughts. He squeezed her hand, showing that he appreciated the support. "How is it you always know just what to say?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:37 am

Lupa gave a teasing smile when she saw he was okay and answered jokingly, "Because I'm that awesome."

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:36 pm

Da'vid chuckled, "So you musta come in here for a reason. Did you miss me or are you having to work out now too?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Wed Apr 02, 2014 2:32 am

"Bored, the night is very quiet tonight." Lupa answered with a smile.

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:13 am

"Yeah, and the girls are out on call," Da'vid stood as he spoke, looking down at little Lupa. "We could go to the rec room and shoot some pool or go to the gym and shoot some hoops. You in?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:26 am

"Some pool sounds good." Lupa answered with a smile as she nodded, "It would be nice to do something while the other girls are out."

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:28 am

"Yeah, usually it's us on shift," laughed Da'vid as he and Lupa walked down to the rec room. It was a small room with a pool table in the center and chairs surrounding the television on the others. He grabbed his cue, testing it in his hands before looking over at her. "So, how did that date you were tellin' me about go? Who was it with again?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:55 am

Lupa picked up a cue herself before setting up the balls, "Bernie Souris, the law student... He was nice enough, but I don't think we'll go out again... I don't think we hit it off like I would of wanted."

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:12 am

"I'm sorry you two didn't hit it off, sometimes love sucks," Da'vid sympathized. He patted her shoulder as he racked the balls on the table. "So...did he like not pay for dinner or something?"
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:22 am

"No he paid for dinner, he opened doors for me and even pulled my chair out for me. He did everything that a gentleman would, the spark just wasn't there." Lupa answered.

Lizjay

Back to top Go down

Post by Zero To Hero Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:13 am

"Sometimes there is no such thing as a spark Lupa," Da'vid chuckled, "You gotta stop bein' so picky. Love isn't always so black and white."
Zero To Hero
Zero To Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next