Every Time He Play (Open)

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Every Time He Play (Open)

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:35 pm

There was nothing better to Carter Thomas than having a guitar in his hands as he sat on the stage in Alley Cats. When he was playing, he didn't have to worry if he had rent for his apartment or his half of the rent to operate Alley Cat's. The music distracted him from any real obligations he had in life. Yes, every time he played, he didn't have to worry about anything but the music.

Unfortunately, it wasn't time for music yet. Alley Cat's had another two hours before it opened so Carter had to worry about the business side of his job. Right now he stood behind the bar, making an inventory of the drinks he had and what drinks they needed.
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Every Time He Play (Open)

Post by Lizjay on Mon Feb 10, 2014 5:20 pm

Jay huffed as he took the first case the police asked him to help with, anything so he didn't have to help the mayor with the case over the paintings that appeared over night. He didn't understand why the mayor hated then so much, they didn't look trashy. In fact most of them look beautiful to most everyone that saw them, but the mayor acted funny around them. So Jay Baker had taken a fairly simple case, apparently someone had been stalking young ladies as they made their way home from this club and Jay was hoping the owners would be able to help him.

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:09 am

Carter saw the man sitting at the bar and walked over, a smile on his face. "Hey there," his easy going nature allowed him to seem at ease when he was actually seizing up the other man. His eyes were expressive and he could see that there was something he was either trying to hide or trying to forget. "We're not open yet but is there something I can help you with?"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Wed Feb 12, 2014 6:41 am

"Oh hello, I'm Jay Baker..." Jay said with what he hoped with a friendly smile before continuing. "I'm here as a consultant with the police... There have been reports of someone stalking some of the young ladies as they leave the club and I was wondering if you have any ideas on who it could be, or if you have seen anyone lurking?"

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:39 am

Carter leaned back and thought about it. He hadn't seen anyone who was out of the ordinary lately. No, the only people he ever paid attention to were the usuals. Little Marie, cute as a button and way underage, came in before work every night. John Little played in the band with him while Alex Hoodson tended the bar. There was seemingly no one that was out of the ordinary, or at least that Carter had paid attention to.

"Can you be a bit more specific maybe?" Carter asked, "What do they think he looks like and what not?"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Sat Feb 15, 2014 4:52 am

"Well they just said he is a man wearing a hoodie to hide who he is." Jay answered as he looked at the file in his hand before handing it too Carter, "Almost every one of the young ladies said the same thing."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:50 am

"Only man I can think about in town who wears a hoodie is Dante. Dante don't want no trouble from anyone, even if he is watching them. Sure, he may seem a bit out there and he does tend to stay to himself if he's not talking it up to the Balington's but the kid ain't gonna just sit and watch some ladies. You sure you ain't got no other reports of what he looks like?"

While he spoke, Carter moved from under the bar to turning and putting bottles of liquor on the rack behind him. While he didn't see as much as Nathan did at the back of the bar, he spent most of his time watching the crowds in front of the small mini stage in the room.

"Trust me, if it were that much of a real problem, we'd know."
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:36 am

"I don't think it is the young man, I've never really talked to him but he doesn't seem the type to do something like that... And all the reports were taken by the sheriff Lucas, a lot of his reports assume that the person is just wearing the same thing... Jay admitted softly, not sure why he was telling the handsome man.

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:55 pm

"Psft, Lucas," Carter rolled his eyes. He and the sheriff didn't get along very well, namely because the sheriff was always accusing his band mate John Little of stealing something else. As far as he knew, John worked had for the money he did bring in. "I'd talk to one of the better men in the force and by men I mean men or women."
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:47 am

"Yes... I find his lack of info on the file rather silly, I think he just assumes the poor kid is the stalker... I only took this case so I wouldn't have to take the case about the paintings around town."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:46 pm

"Well he probably does. Mosta the time, people get afraid of what they don't understand. Since no one really understands Dante, Lucas is probably judging this off of that fact," Carter rolled his eyes. "The grafitti? You mean those beautiful pieces Dante decorates places with?"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:03 am

Jay nodded with a small smile when he thought of the lovely paintings, he didn't understand some of the hate the artist got. "Yeah the beautiful paintings he does around town."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:45 pm

Carter nodded, "He made the one of the group of cats on the side of the bar. I mean, this thing is incredible. He captured mine and Nathan and even little Marie's eyes in three of the different cats. It was remarkable. He ever do one of you?"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:43 am

"Yeah, he did one for me and my friend Adam of mice with our eyes, it was like they were detectives." Jay answered.

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:16 am

Carter grinned, "Detectives huh? Well from what I know of you, having just learned it of course, I can see you as a detective." He kept the other comment to himself. He had been watching the young man since he walked into the bar, thinking that he looked handsome. With the painting of him as a cat and this man as a mouse, he found it highly ironic. It was almost like he was playing his own little game of cat and mouse.

"So can I get you something to drink?"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:03 am

"Well I am a private detective, but my friend Adam is a doctor though." Jay chuckled softly, "He does come with me sometimes though so I guess that counts." He smiled before nodding. "Yeah a water please."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Water? What kind of man came into a bar and just ordered a water? With a smile, he obliged to the strange request and poured the other man a glass of water. "You mean Adam Davidson over at St. Walt's? He's the guy who put my arm in a cast when I broke it las year. Nice guy."
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:52 am

Jay smiled, "A man that is considered on the clock." He gratefully took the water he was handed. "Yeah, Adam is my roommate and best friend. A good doctor."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:59 am

He hadn't asked the question of what sort of man drank water in a bar so when Jay gave him the answer, he turned around to stare at him. "How...how did you know I was going to ask that?"

Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:47 am

"Well I am a detective and I know how strange it is for someone to order water at a bar." Jay answered running a hand through his hair, "It was the most likely thing you would ask."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Tue Mar 04, 2014 10:26 am

"So you deduced it?" Carter asked as he poured the water and handed it to the man across the bar. "You're very clever, did you know that?"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:20 am

"I have been told that a lot." Jay said with a small smile, "Most of my clients tell me that after a case.

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:08 am

Carter smiled and nodded, "They would be stupid not to. I know that if I never need anything, be it a case or just someone to talk to, I should come to you to do it." With a wink, he handed Jay his card, "And I hope you'll feel the same about me."
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Lizjay on Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:25 am

Jay smiled softly and nodded, "I'd be happy too, I like talking with you Mr. Thomas." He smiled softly. "Your club is very lovely."

Lizjay

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Stray Cat Strut on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 am

Carter chuckled, "I wish I could take all of the credit for The Alley Cat but the fact of the matter is that I only play in the band and work to make sure we have what we're supposed to have. All of the other decisions were made by Nathan Scatt, he's a wonderful businessman."

With the last part a little raised he added, "Who should play more because he's a talented saxaphone artist!"
Stray Cat Strut

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top